Vision & Values
HIGH VIEW MISSION STATEMENT
High View is an exciting place to learn and grow, where everyone is valued for who they are.
- We will encourage children to look after our world and make our school a valued and active part of the community
- We will provide a stimulating and welcoming environment, where individuals feel safe and valued and where their personal development needs are met.
- We will create an environment in which children can thrive academically, physically, emotionally, socially, culturally, spiritually and morally.
- We will develop each child’s self-confidence, independence and understanding of themselves and others, so that they can play a fulfilling role in a rapidly changing world.
- We will teach children to adopt fundamental British Values, shared by so many other countries and cultures. These are: democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
- We will maintain consistently high standards and expectations of teaching, learning and behaviour, through positive relationships based on honesty and trust.
- We will create an ethos of strong moral standards so that children develop a clear understanding of what is right and wrong.
- We will place emphasis on the needs of each child, aiming to spot any difficulties early and track barriers to progress. We will offer each child a broad and balanced range of curricular and extra curricular activities to enable them to achieve his or her full potential
- We will create an environment that encourages the child to have an enquiring mind through feelings of awe and wonder, imagination and risk taking.
- We will encourage children to question and think for themselves, in order to create independent learners, equipped to solve problems.
- We will create and foster a sense of family in which we share our strengths as a team and work in partnership with the wider community.
- Education and learning take place throughout life. We seek to build upon the groundwork that has begun at home by establishing a positive, co-operative partnership with parents in order to achieve our aims.