E-Safety in the Early Years
How can we keep safe using the internet?
In Foundation Stage, we talk about how we can keep safe on the internet and would like to share our rules on ‘how to keep safe’ with you.
- We will only use websites which a grown up has checked for us to make sure it is safe.
- If we see a picture we don’t like or which worries us, we will tell a grown up.
- If someone sends us a message we don’t like or which worries us, we will tell a grown up.
- If we are worried about anything, we will tell a grown up.
- If someone asks to meet us, we will tell a grown up.
- If someone asks us questions, we won’t answer them and tell a grown up.
Here are some useful e-safety websites which have links to videos you could watch with your children.
Smartie the penguin is also helping us to stay safe. He has songs and stories which help us understand how to use the internet safely.
Hector and his friends helps us stay safe. Through the videos we can see the mistakes he could make which helps us again, to stay safe using the internet.
Some of this information has been obtained from www.kidsmart.org.uk/teachers/ks1/
Please let us know if you have any other e-safety websites which you use and would like to share with us.
The Foundation Team.