What and who is the Parent Support Advisor (PSA) ?
Being a parent is one of the most important jobs in the world, but it can also be one of the toughest as family life can often be challenging and demanding. Sometimes you may feel like you want some extra help, support or advice but you don’t know which way to turn. Sue Haswell, our Parent Support Advisor is available to work alongside teaching staff to provide an extra layer of support for the parents and carers of our children.
What the Parent Support Advisor aims to achieve:
• Provide advice and support for your child’s transition into school
• Build your confidence in dealing with difficult parenting issues and behaviour
• Help you to speak with the school
• Signpost to relevant agencies
• Friendly, non-judgmental advice and support
• Open door policy
• Early Intervention
• Signposting to a range of services
• Help with child’s behaviour